Saturday, June 7, 2014

Don't show any Merc(er)y!!!!

Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer has been on a mega hot streak the last 5 games.  During that stretch he has increased his .190 batting average to .232.  He has gone .545/.545/.864 with an OPS of 1.409 over the past 5 games collecting 8 runs and 6 RBI over 22 plate appearances.  That's video game numbers!  Jordy has always been thought of as having a good bat with gap to gap power, but has struggled mightly in the early 2014 season.  Hopefully his June numbers continue the way they've started.

I grabbed this camo version from 2013 Topps for under $3 delivered.  Really happy to add this to the collection since I've been following Jordy since I got a chance to meet him in 2010 when he was a member of the Altoona Curve.  Speaking of which, I'm going to see the Curve play against the Trenton Thunder tonight.  Hopefully I can come away with some autographs.  I went to the game last night and got a ball signed by a lot of the members from the team, but no cards.  Today's going to be a card day.

No comments:

Post a Comment