Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Museum

When I was really young, I used to like to go to the museum and check out all the dinosaur bones and neat history artifacts.  Lately, I've been watching a ton of Discovery, Animal Planet, and History Channel documentaries and realized that I need to go visit a museum again.  Well, I didn't quite make it to one, so instead I just pulled out my 2013 Topps Museum collection of base cards and inserts and finally after many months of living behind ultra-pro page protectivity, they were able to breathe again (briefly) just for a scan.

Below is a lot of 4 cards I won for less than $7 shipped.
I absolutely love the base cards, but as a one time comicbook and sketch collector, I have to show off the inserts first...
The Canvas Collection inserts are beautifully drawn.  Topps even put a few original art sketches randomly into packs like the Cutch I showed off in July.  I'd like to own an original sketch of the Great One too.
 This is the Canvas Collection of the Andrew McCutchen card.

Now for the base...
 This is what the Topps Museum base cards look like.  They aren't numbered, but do feature a nice frame (sorry for bad scan) around the card and a nice image of the player on the front.  Less is more when it comes to these.  They aren't over the top with a lot of bells and whistles and foiling and funky fonts.  Basic is better
The Willie Stargell above is a bronze parallel numbered 277/424.

Now for the card backs

No comments:

Post a Comment