Monday, July 29, 2013

McCutchen Monday: Museum Canvas ORIGINAL ARTWORK!!!

My current favorite player in baseball today is Andrew McCutchen.  Quite honestly, he might be my favorite player I've ever gotten a chance to see play. I currently own almost 300 unique cards of Cutch and hope to get that number closer to 400 by the end of the year.  Amongst my cardboard collection of Cutch are many autographs, over a dozen 1/1s, and almost enough jersey material to put his jersey back together.  Back in 2011, I created Morton Mondays, but with the lack of Charlie Morton cards available, I changed it to McCutchen Mondays so each Monday I will show off one new card from my Cutch collection.

To see all my Andrew McCutchen relics, autos, printing plates, manupatches, etc ... check out this link.

Growing up, I loved to read comic books.  My favorites were the X titles (X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, Generation X, etc).  As I got older, my appreciation for the comics remained the same, but my tastes changed.  I began to follow different artists rather than specific titles.  At one point I had a huge collection of original artwork from all different genres of comics.  My love for original art is still inside and when I can combine that with a limited print baseball card of my favorite player, well.....just pinch me.

2013 Topps Museum Canvas Collection 8/10
I grabbed this low numbered (#8/10) original art canvas collection of Cutch off ebay with a best offer of $60.  The Harpers are selling in the $150-$250 range with many other players commanding at least a $100.  I'm really happy I was able to add this unique card of Cutch to my collection.

Here's the back in case anyone wants to see it.

I don't mean to brag, but I have an awesome Andrew McCutchen collection.  I'm happy to add another low numbered unique item to my Cutch collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment