Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Considering a PC for a nonPirate?

During the 2012 MLB Draft, I was really hoping that high school catcher would have somehow fallen to the second round and that the Pirates would have been interested in drafting the teenage backstop.  That didn't happen as Stryker was drafted 26th overall by the Arizona Diamondbacks.  I considered buying his cards when they first started to hit the market but never actually made it a priority.

When I saw this 2013 Topps Heritage Minors printing plate hit ebay with very little bid activity, I decided to grab my first 1 of 1 of the man who's first name is my last name.

I doubt that I will go aggressive trying to grab his autos and low number parallels, but when something like this is available for a double 10 spot, I doubt I will be able to resist. After all, he's got an awesome first name.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your completed team sets, I have quite a few Pirates from sets not listed as complete. Would be interested in trading for Braves. johnnys trading spot
    or email jfmjr1 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete