Thursday, September 11, 2014

Football Throwback Thursday: Jack Lambert Sketch on a 1984 Topps Card

This is it!!! Football season is back and the Pirates are still relevant.  This is one of my favorite times of the year.  .

I really like the Steelers chances of making the Post Season this year.  They started out 0-4 which hurt their chances of the playoffs, but came on strong at the end of the year and were just a Kansas City Chiefs field goal kick away from making the Playoffs.

I've shown off some incredible Chris Henderson hand drawn sketch cards in the past.  He's drawn some of my favorite current Pirates players including Neil WalkerCharlie MortonAndrew McCutchen, and Starling Marte.  Chris continued the tradition of great artwork by buying a bunch of old Topps blank front error cards from the Topps Vault and drawing sketches on them.  He had a ton of 1980s stars for sale a few months back including Ozzie Smith, Dan Marino, George Brett, Barry Bonds, and many more.
I came across this beautiful hand drawn 1984 Topps blank front Jack Lambert that Chris drew an intense image of the Hall of Fame Linebacker on the front.  I've praised Chris' artwork many many times but this is just insane the amount of detail he crammed into a tiny card.

The back of the sketch card is an actual 1984 Topps Jack Lambert card that was miscut and used as a proof.

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ANY OF YOU TO CHECK OUT CHRIS' ARTWORK AND COMMISSION HIM TO DRAW YOUR FAVORITE ATHLETE.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

I'm off to root for the Steelers to beat those damn Ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment