Friday, February 10, 2012

Black Parallels are cool

I'm making it a collecting goal this year to get a black bordered parallel of the 2012 Pirates team set.  I know this is going to sound expensive, but quite frankly I think they look amazing this year.  The photography on this year's Topps set is the best I've ever seen from Topps and the black borders look great with the Pirates uniforms.  Here's the two that I have so far.  I also have D'arnaud and Tabata coming from ebay.

Oddly enough Jared Hughes was the last card I needed for the base team set, but was the first black parallel I bought on ebay.  This one is numbered 21/61.
Pedro Alvarez numbered 60/61.  I love this photo of Pedro getting ready to send a bullet across the diamond to get the guy out at first.  Again the photography on this years set is so much better than last year.  Need proof, look at Pedro's 2011 Topps base card and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

By now it should be no secret that Andrew McCutchen is my favorite player.  I already had the 2011 Topps Tier One base card, but decided to splurge and pick up this black parallel numbered 2/50.  One more Cutch for the PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment