Saturday, February 11, 2012

I got an Angels Pujols card for trade

I know the title may lead you to think I pulled a super short print card, but there's no 2012 Topps cards in this post.  I recently tried my luck on a box of 2011 Donruss Elite Extra Edition because I was curious about the 6 autos guaranteed.  Some of the biggest money cards in the set are Pirates so I was hoping to pull a short print auto of Josh Bell or Gerrit Cole.  No such luck though.  Instead I got a bunch of prospects I had never heard of consisting of 11th round picks from teams like the San Diego Padres and Toronto Blue Jays.  Yippee!!!!  LOL!
I am willing to trade all the cards pulled except these two cards below.

A new Gerrit Cole and Andrew McCutchen for the PC.

Here's my six guaranteed autographs in the box.








The most intriguing name on this list is 1st Round Draft Pick from the San Diego Padres Michael Kelly.  Kelly is projected to be a solid number 2 starter at best and a back of the rotation starter at worse.  He's got the frame to be a guy who can eat up 200+ innings a season and already has a low to mid 90s fastball out of high school.

The Jordan Cote (NY Yankees 3rd round draft pick) is numbered to 100 and he looks like he could be a future ace.  As a high school junior in New Hampshire, Cote went 11-0 with a 0.68 ERA and followed that up with being the Gatorade Player of the Year in NH his senior season.

I also got these "Star" players cards in the box.  Lots of good players here like Troy Tulowitzki, Justin Upton, Adrian Gonzalez, Justin Verlander, Curtis Granderson, Ichiro, and new Marlins closer Heath Bell.

Let me know if anyone wants any of the cards.



Related to this post, I bought this 2011 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Back to the Future AUTO numbered 207/220 for $6 shipped.  The thought of Stetson being the team's closer in a couple years gets me excited.  Donruss even photoshopped current Pirates All-Star closer Joel Hanrahan's number (52) on this card.


I also bought this very limited numbered 17/25 Gerrit Cole 2011 Elite Extra Edition AUTO.  I previously bought the base of this card for $2 and am very happy to add the auto to my collection. 

2 comments:

  1. I like that Jordan Cote. I don't have much in the way of Pirates trade bait, but I'll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id like to add that A-Gon to my collection if its still available thanks much

    ReplyDelete