Wednesday, June 21, 2017

This is why I only collect one player now

The title and thumbnail should give it away, but Topps consistently uses the wrong images of players.  Last year we got a Gregory Polanco Gypsy Queen base card pictured with Aramis Ramirez.  Ok, maybe with all the"quality control" a mistake can happen but here's the thing one bats lefty, the other righty.

Fast forward to 2017 and Topps is still using images of Aramis Ramirez for Gregory Polanco cards.  Ramirez retired in 2015!!!!!
I guess if it was a low budget set it wouldn't bother me, but this is Topps Museum.  The card is numbered to only 10 copies in the world.  I took the image off eBay while browsing to see what Pirates have been pulled from recent releases (Series 2 and Museum).

Absolutely pathetic!!!

Cmon Topps. Get your shit together!!!!

Be sure to follow my new blog CollectingCutch.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I noticed the GQ set Polanco/Ramirez. That is pretty funny they used the same one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past Saturday, I grabbed a manufactured relic card of Bill Mazeroski and discovered it's actually Dick Groat pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you not know that is an Aramis Ramirez relic.

    ReplyDelete