Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lots of Ebay Pickups for $38 shipped

While browsing on ebay I manage to come across some really nice game used relic cards on the cheap that I wanted to add to my collection. The seller was willing to offer free shipping with a purchase of 10 or more items.  Here's the 10 items I picked up.

I grabbed this 2001 American Pie Jersey relic of Al "Scoop" Oliver for $4.  It's a nice looking card as all American Pie normally feature a relic and a previously used card of the player.  In this case, it shows Al's rookie card from 1969.  Al had a very strong career batting .303 with over 2,700 hits.  Scoop was also a 7 time All-Star, batting title champion (1982), 3 time silver slugger, and a member of the 1971 World Series Champion Pirates.
Like the Oliver above, this Dick Groat game used bat card is from 2001 Topps American Pie.  It cost me a little more, clocking in at $6 but it marks my first game used card of the 1960 MVP.  Now all I need is a rookie to complete his trifecta. 

In addition to the game used relics above I grabbed these 3 Andrew McCutchen cards I needed for my Cutch PC.  The below cards were picked up for $1 a piece which is a lil more than I would normally pay for parallels, but c'mon it's Cutch!!!!!
 2011 Gypsy Queen Green Framed
 2011 Topps Finest
2013 Topps (Emerald variant)

There wasn't a whole lot of baseball cards that I wanted from the seller, but he did have some nice football cards that I couldn't resist adding to my collection.
 Jonathan Dwyer 2010 Bowman Sterling Jersey relic rookie card.  Dwyer had a really good second half of the season this year as he become the Steelers starting running back when Mendenhall and Redman went down with injuries.  He scored his first career TD on a 16 yard run against the rival Ravens on December 2nd.  This was a $4 card.
David DeCastro 2012 Topps Platinum Rookie AUTO (on card)
DeCastro spent all but 3 games injured during the 2012 season when he severely injured his knee during a preseason game.  The Steelers will be looking for him to fully recover for the 2013 season.  This card cost me $6 shipped.
 
The above two Rashard Mendenhall jersey relics were grabbed for $2 a piece.  Even though Rashard lost his job midseason to Jonathan Dwyer, Mendenhall still possesses  a lot of talent and will likely start the 2013 season as the Steelers leading back again.

A LeSean McCoy Jersey relic in a PITT U card? Yeah, I'll pick them up for $4 every chance I get.  That's why I got two.


I just couldn't pass up this Shady rookie for $1 so I said what the heck. Why not?
To finish things off I grabbed a Santonio Holmes jersey relic card from 2006 Topps Total.  Holmes will go down in football history for his catch with seconds left in Super Bowl XLIII.  He won the Super Bowl MVP that year and was a key receiver for the Steelers for 4 years before being traded to the New York Jets in 2010.  The above rookie jersey relic of Ton cost me only $2 and I couldn't be happier to add a jersey of his to my collection.


I grabbed
1 AUTO
8 RELICS
4 BASE/PARALLEL
for only $38.
That's less than $3 a card.  Not too bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment