Wednesday, August 19, 2015

He was a Pirate? Thank You Edition

Yesterday I attended the Blue Jays vs. Phillies game with one of my coworkers. He's a season ticket holder for the Phils and hooks me up with tickets when the Bucs or Jays come to town. In case you didn't see the highlights from that game look up Josh Donaldson's 2nd deck mammoth HR. It was one of the most impressive home runs I've seen in person.

While we were at the game I kept looking to the scoreboard to see how the Bucs were doing against the DBacks and also the Giants and Cardinals. The Bucs after getting an 8-3 lead in the 8th inning would go on to win the game in the bottom of the 15th.

Meanwhile the Cardinals actually lost a game.  It was mainly because of this former Bucco, Ryan VogelSong.  The former All-Star pitched a gem to shut down the Cardinals offense, allowing only 2 hits over 6 shutout innings.

Thanks to his prior struggles, I finally added a copy of his certified Bowman auto for $15. I've been chasing this card for a few years.

1 comment: