Monday, August 17, 2015

BayDay BayDay: Gettin Miggy with it!!!!

The 2015 National has come and gone.  I still haven't made it to one yet, but hope to attend it next year.  Earlier in the year, I was trying to grab some autographs of current players who have the potential to be considered future Hall of Famers.

Two years ago, I was sent an Alex Rodriguez and David Ortiz dual autograph in exchange for my redemption Andrew McCutchen and Gerrit Cole Face of the Franchise dual autograph.  I still have that dual auto of ARod and Big Papi, but haven't received any serious offers to take it off my hands.  Earlier this year I purchased an Adrian Beltre and Felix Hernandez dual autograph because I consider both guys to be future Hall of Famers. 

Most of my collection that I show off on this site are Pirates related and clearly the Pirates haven't had any future Hall of Famers during the 20 year losing streak.  There could be a stretch argument that Aramis Ramirez could get in the Hall of Very Good, but it's doubtful he's a Hall of Famer.  McCutchen could one day land himself in the Hall if he continues his numbers for another decade. 

While Jason Bay will likely never receive the votes for a Hall of Fame berth, it is highly likely that Miguel Cabrera will be considered a 1st ballot Hall of Famer when he decides to retire.  Miggy has been suffering through injuries this year and has been placed on the DL for the 1st time in his career.  Jason Bay was one of my favorite players for the Bucs during his playing career and the chance to add a jumbo size dual autograph of Jason with Miggy numbered to 10 presented to good an opportunity to pass up. 

I submitted a best offer  on this card after contemplating a reasonable price for a few weeks and I can proudly say I am the new proud owner of this 2006 Hawaiian Trade Conference card. 

To show how large this card is I compared it to my 1991 Bobby Bonilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment