Wednesday, May 22, 2013

More Gerrit Cole Goodies

Gerrit Cole is fricking good!!!!
He's had a few rough starts as of late, but other than that I can't say enough good things about the future arm in the Pirates rotation.  He'll likely be up by the end of June and could be a key piece to the Pirates finishing above .500 baseball for the first time in 20 years.

I managed to snag a 2012 Bowman Futures Game jersey relic of the young hard throwing righty for $8.
89/199
My journey for Gerrit Cole doesn't end with one jersey card though...
I've been on a streak of buying Gerrit Cole and Jameson Taillon autographs like crazy.  I managed to grab a 4 card lot of Gerrit Cole autographs (2 were numbered to 99) for less than $40.  Less than $10 a card for on card autographs of (hopefully) a future ace.  Hell yes!!!!
2011 Leaf Valiant Blue AUTO 6/99

2011 Leaf Draft AUTO 

2011 Leaf Draft "Refractor" AUTO 48/99

The real highlight of this post is that I was able to meet Gerrit Cole at a Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (minor league Phillies) vs. Indianapolis Indians game.
Gerrit was extremely generous to the fans asking for autographs.  He went around and signed photos, balls, posters, cards, for anyone that dangled something in front of him as he came out of the walkway to the clubhouse.
Here's my OMLB signed by Gerrit.  It's a shame it's not on the sweet spot, but when I asked if he could sign it there, he laughed and said "I'll probably get in trouble if I do."  I guess Mr. Boras doesn't want his agents signing for free on the sweet spot of baseballs.  Oh well...I still love the fact that Gerrit was signing before the game 

No comments:

Post a Comment