Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My new PC player is....

Ke'Bryan Hayes

Shortly after Ke'Bryan Hayes was drafted by the Bucs, I went out and bought about a dozen cards of him.  Prices ranged in the $3-$15 range for relics and low numbered autographs.  I wish I had been more aggressive as Ke'Bryan is tearing it up in his first taste of proball.

I know it's a small sample size, but in his first 60 at bats, Hayes has a slash line of .417/.507/.517 with 3 stolen bases.  He's showing good plate discipline as his strikeout and walk rate are almost identical.
If you've never heard of Ke'Bryan Hayes before, maybe you have heard of his father

Charlie Hayes
Charlie was a journeyman third baseman that played in 14 seasons with 7 clubs.  He finished his career with a .262 average and 144 round trippers.  Hayes spent part of a season with the Bucs in 1996 before being shipped off to the New York Yankees.  I'll have a future post about the Pirates 2015 draft class and how many of them relate to the TV series Seinfeld (including Hayes).  As a member of the Pirates, Hayes hit .248 with 10 homers.




No comments:

Post a Comment