Wednesday, June 12, 2013

98/99 Cole delivers in debut

Gerrit Cole made his MLB debut last night and touched 98/99 a few times.  As a matter of fact, his 3rd major league pitch was a 99mph fastball to strikeout Gregor Blanco.
2012 Leaf Limited Draft Hits ON CARD AUTO
Yesterday, when I was showing off my Gerrit Cole collection, I had a feeling that Cole was going to deliver and purposely didn't show off the card above.

Cole didn't disappoint any expectations of the 22 year old flamethrower as he went 6.1 innings and throwing 59 of 81 pitches for strikes.  He did have 2 punchouts (Blanco and Posey) and allowed 7 hits while walking none.  To make it even better he got a single with the bases loaded in the 2nd inning and put the first two runs on the board for the Bucs.

To show off my excitement for what Cole and his near triple digit fastball brings to the Steel City, I'm going to show the card above that I recently grabbed for $15 numbered 98/99 for an on card auto.
98/99
and here's the back of the card.

98/99 with filthy movement that will get guys out....

No comments:

Post a Comment