Saturday, June 1, 2013

FINALLY!!!! Another Treasure for the Treausre Room

Everyone has those inexpensive cards that they seek.  It could be the last few base cards needed to complete a set or a jersey relic of a AA prospect that will probably never see the majors but you went to school with them.  For me, my treasure hunting quests begin with Bill Madlock sticker autos.

I've been after a Bill Madlock auto where he signed his nickname "Maddog" for a long time.  Madlock is one of those players where I love to collect his cards for the cheap.  I didn't get a chance to see much of his career since I was born in the early 80s but I do have the 79 World Series on DVD and gotta say, the dude could flat out hit.  He wasn't your power hitting hot corner infielder you see today.  He was more in the mold of other 3B from the 70s and 80s.  Guys like Wade Boggs and George Brett.  Yeah, they had some pop, but they were consistently in the discussion for batting titles.  Speaking of which, Mad Dog won 4 of in his 15 year injury shortened career.
2006 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO
This sticker auto from 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game was aquired for a winning bid of $1.81. Not a bad price to pay if you ask me.

Now to find some more Bill Madlock relics and autos.

2 comments: