Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Treasure Room gets a Museum Makeover

I know a lot of people prefer Tribute over Museum.  Personally I prefer the other way around.
There's just something beautiful about the frames going around the cards and the great shots of players that make me really appreciate these cards more than Tribute.

Here's a base green version of Cutch that I picked up for $5.25.  I actually paid more for shipping than for the actual card.  I HATE WHEN SELLERS DO THAT!!!!
2013 Topps Museum Collection 186/199

In addition to the above Cutch parallel, I grabbed the below Pedro Alvarez Quad Primary Pieces Jersey relic from 2013 Topps Museum.  I really like that Pedro is starting to appear more regularly as hits in Topps higher end products.

2013 Topps Museum Pedro Alvarez Primary Pieces 51/75
For those of you that haven't seen the back of a Primary Pieces quad jersey card, I present to you the back.  It contains 4 fairly obvious things about the player that many who follow the game know about.
One of the things I want to talk about is the 4th quality of El Toro.  It says that "teammates rave about how Pedro usually is the first to arrive to the ballpark adn the last to leave."  This is also true to how Pedro reacts to fans from what I have seen in person.  Every time I have gone to see the Pirates play on the road, Pedro is ALWAYS signing for fans and usually won't stop until the game is about to begin or everyone has gotten their autograph.  The same can be said for after the game is over and you try to get the players by the buses. Pedro is an incredibly friendly ballplayer and one that I will continue to root for long after his time in the Steel City has come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment