Monday, June 3, 2013

McCutchen Monday & Draft Week


My current favorite player in baseball today is Andrew McCutchen.  Quite honestly, he might be my favorite player I've ever gotten a chance to see play. I currently own almost 300 unique cards of Cutch and hope to get that number closer to 400 by the end of the year.  Amongst my cardboard collection of Cutch are many autographs, over a dozen 1/1s, and almost enough jersey material to put his jersey back together.  Back in 2011, I created Morton Mondays, but with the lack of Charlie Morton cards available, I changed it to McCutchen Mondays so each Monday I will show off one new card from my Cutch collection.


Since the MLB Draft is this week, I figured I would show off one of my latest additions to my Andrew McCutchen PC which grows every single week.  For the hits like autos, relics, manupatches click here.

Cutch was selected in the 1st round of the loaded talented 2005 draft.  He was selected 11th overall after other high schoolers Justin Upton and Cameron Maybin.  Other players selected after Cutch include Jay Bruce, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Clay Bucholz.  I think the Pirates got that pick right.

For this year's 2013 Bowman release, Bowman is releasing reprint refractors of some of baseball's best 1st Bowman rookie cards.  Included in the subset is Andrew McCutchen.

This is a reprint of his 2005 Bowman.  It cost me only $2.02 shipped.
Here's a look at the stats on the back showing off what a stud player Cutch was in high school.  Look at his Slugging Percentage!!!!  His batting average was .709 so could you imagine what his OBP was? Combine that with his slugging percentage and you're talking about an OPS OVER 2.500 easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment