Saturday, May 17, 2014

Million Dollar Arms, $1 purchases

Yesterday was the theatrical release of Disney's Million Dollar Arm, the story of Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel.  If you enjoy baseball movies that you can share with your family, you NEED to go see this movie.  I'm actually going to see it again today.  I won't spoil the movie for you with a lot of facts about these two India born baseball players, but I will show off a card show pickup I bought a long time ago as I was waiting to show off for the theatrical release of Million Dollar Arm.

It's a 2009 Tristar Plus Diamond Duos (not numbered) of both Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel.  It cost me only $1, which might seem expensive for two ball players who will likely never pitch in the big leagues.  But that's not why I bought this card.  I bought it for the historical significance of the card and the turning point of the Pittsburgh Pirates franchise.  I've talked a lot about how much I appreciate Neal Huntington turning this franchise around since he took over in 2008 and the signing of these two young men helped further show that Neal is looking to add talent from anywhere in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment