Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tony Tuesday: It's Finally Mine!!!!!!!!

One of my 2015 Collecting Goals was to try to grab a few more of my 2009 Bowman Chrome Tony Sanchez Autographs.  I've previously shown off the Gold, Blue, XFractor, and Base.  That left me to add 3 very low numbered cards (1/1 Super, /5 Red, /25 orange) and the refractor (/500).  My goal for the year was to add 1 more to the collection.

I did it in a big way by grabbing the Red /5. 

I submitted a best offer for only twice what the base refractor was selling for and the seller accepted!!!!

Behold the beauty of RED!!!!!
Since Tony didn't receive a September call up for the Pirates this year, I think that it's safe to assume that his days catching for the black and gold are pretty numbered.  His bat and glove never lived up to the hype of being an elite defender with a plus hitting tool.  He still has team options so it's likely that the Pirates will keep him on the 40 man roster for catching depth next year.  Elias Diaz and Reese McGuire have likely surpassed him as being the backstop of the future though.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, it is always great to complete one of your collecting goals.

    ReplyDelete