Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Morton on the Mound: 2014 Power Players

With the post season just around the corner and the likelihood that the Bucs will be facing the Cubs in a one game playoff, this will likely be Charlie Morton's last start for the 2015 season.  Even if the Pirates get by Jake Arrieta and the Cubs, they will almost certainly use a starting rotation of Cole, Burnett, Liriano, and Happ (likely not in that order of course)

I'm hoping that the Pirates can go on a 5 game winning streak to end the season and the Cardinals go on a 5 game losing streak, but that is very unlikely as the Braves are playing terrible baseball and will lose at least one game against the Cardinals.

As I am writing this, I am getting sad to think that baseball is almost over (just under a month left).  The Pittsburgh Steelers have just lost Ben Roethlisberger for a 4-6 week span so that greatly minimizes my excitement for football season.  I guess I can get excited about the Penguins, but they have looked terrible in the opening games of preseason. 

One thing I can get excited about is showing off cardboard of my main player PC, Charlie Morton.  This is a card that I didn't know existed until a few months ago and I was able to track one down (cheaply too) and add it to the collection. 

These /75 Power Players were redemptions cards  Topps sent for their Power Players online program last year.  Only 75 of each player were made.  They are beautiful in person as they are covered in a gold foil.  I've previously shown off the Pedro Alvarez power player card

No comments:

Post a Comment