Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Trade With Plaschke 2.0 & 2012 Trade Bait

This is my second trade with Greg from Plaschke Thy Sweater is Argyle.  We arranged this trade right before I got sick in August and then was without power for a stretch of half a month.  The card I was originally supposed to send Greg was the 2011 Topps Lineage Mini Jersey relic of Clayton Kershaw, but he had since gotten it in another trade so he asked for the Kershaw/Peavy I had on my trade bait.  In exchange for that card and a bunch of Dodgers, I received this #1 Overall Pick in the 2002 Bryan Bullington Autograph.  This is my first Bullington Auto I own and I am contempt checking it off my want lists.  Even though Bryan was absolutely terrible in the majors, I still wanted a certified auto of him for the memory of a terrible draft.

Taken after Bryan Bullington were B.J. Upton, Zack Greinke, Prince Fielder, Jeff Francis, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir, Nick Swisher, Cole Hamels, Jeff Francouer, Matt Cain, Joe Blanton, and Sergio Santos.  Seriously????? WTF?????!!!!!  I sure hope Gerrit Cole doesn't turn out the way Bryan (1-9 record in majors) Bullington did for the Pirates. 

Bryan Bullington is now pitching in Japan for the Hiroshima Toyo Carp

Here's the 2003 Bowman Chrome Certified Autograph of Bryan Bullington I got from Greg.  Sorry for the bad scan, but it appears that my scanner needs to be cleaned.



Since I'm talking about trades, how about some bait from 2012 Topps?
Retired Numbers Sandy Koufax

I do have more of the 1987 Topps Minis but am thinking about completing the set so those won't be for trade.  1987 was the first year I started collecting so I really like those minis a lot.  The blue parallel Wright is one of 16 Blue parallels that I have.  I will scan the rest of the blues later, maybe tomorrow.  The Gold Futures insert set looks a lot like something Upper Deck would have done as do the Golden Standard inserts.  I like the idea of the Timeless Talents, but it's been done before so many times that I was hoping for something more unique looking.
Here's all the Golden Greats I got.  I actually pulled a double of the Jackie Robinson already, but no Clemente yet.  Curse you terrible collation.
2012 Golden Moments.  I like the design of these a lot.  It's a lot better than the Peak Performance or "60" cards of recent years.  I may go after the set of these. Key word: MAY

SO IF THERE'S ANYTHING ANYONE WANTS ABOVE...LET ME KNOW AND LET'S MAKE A TRADE!

Remember to put aside those 2012 Pirates for me.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks. Are you interested in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm interested in it. Oh Ipulled the Jose Tabata Gold Futures card if you want it.

      Delete
    2. Technically Spiegel officially called dibs on the Koufax 27 minutes before you. I still have that Kershaw Lineage that you want though. Email and we can probably work something out. I definitely want that Tabata though.

      Delete
    3. Sounds good. I also pulled the Ryan Howard and Tommy Hanson minis if you need those too.

      Delete
  2. Joey Votto also went in 2002....in the second round. We took James Loney.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loney may have been better suited as a pitcher like he was in high school. He still hits like a pitcher.

    I am interested in the Koufax. I will have to pick up something to send your way though. May you set it aside for me as I get something to send your way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Spiegel. Just to clarify, you're talking about the retired numbers Koufax and not the Golden Greats insert, right? Or do you want both? LMK

      Delete
    2. I am interested in both, please. Sorry to Dodgerboble for beating him to the punch. I will buy him a beer next time I see him.

      Delete
  4. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see James Loney sign with Pittsburgh next offseason. Unless one of the Matt's (Hague or Curry) in AAA or AA breakout, there's no future 1B coming for the Bucs for another two years when Alex Dickerson is ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take him now. For like nothing. Seriously.

      Delete
  5. Can you put that Pedroia in my pile?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I have the Andrew McCutchen mini and base cards for Chase d'Arnaud and Jeff Karstens. I also got the Pirates randomly in an upcoming group break.

    I'm interested in the Bench walk-off card and the Kaline card, Gold Standards and any Reds, Tigers and most Cubs.

    I also could send you a healthy stack of random Pirates if this is of interest.

    Let me know...thanks!

    ReplyDelete