Friday, December 13, 2013

Willie Stargell Coin

Back in September, I showed off my Andrew McCutchen 2013 Topps Proven Mettle coin card.

Well I finally got around to adding the Willie Stargell to my collection.

2013 Topps Proven Mettle 78/99
There's one thing that I really hate about this card though.  Topps should have enough images of Pops in his later years (late 70s/early 80s) to use as an image to match the coin depicted on the card.  Granted Willie Stargell had a Hall of Fame career and it should be worth showing his younger playing days as well as immortalizing his later years as well, but can't we get a card where the picture of Pops is from his famous "We are Family" 1979 World Series if you're going to use a coin depicting him from that era?

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome card. Every Pops fan should have one in their collection

    ReplyDelete