Sunday, October 11, 2015

McCutchen Mailday #156: 75% Complete 1/1 Rainbow!!!

It is incredibly difficult to put a complete set of printing plates together. Trust me, I've had a few that are 50% complete and I thought that was a pretty cool task of itself.
2015 Andrew McCutchen Topps Archives (Magenta and Yellow)
2015 Morneau, Cutch, Harrison League Leaders (Yellow and Cyan)
2013 Garret Jones Gypsy Queen (Cyan and Magenta)
2012 Luis Herredia Bowman (Black and Yellow)
2011 Tony Sanchez Bowman Top 100 Prospects (Cyan and Yellow)
2010 Andrew McCutchen Topps Triple Threads Unity AUTO/RELIC (Cyan and Black)

I also had grabbed the 2012 Andrew McCutchen Cloth Sticker Archives printing plates (magenta and cyan).  At the time, I grabbed both those plates for $46.  Now, it's costing me about the same to add the black plate to the collection.  This is the first time in 3 years that the black has surfaced so I wasn't going to get too worked over the price of the card.  I was winning it!!!!


Now only the yellow remains.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I hope you can find the last plate. I aim to one day complete a plate rainbow. I'm 75% of the way on a Getzlaf plate rainbow and have never seen the remaining one anywhere in 4+ years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the best of my knowledge the yellow that I need has never hit the open market

    ReplyDelete