Monday, December 7, 2015

McCutchen Mailday #245 & 246: Steel Greats and another On Card Auto

It's going to be tough for me to cram in as many cards as possible as the year comes to a close and I still have Andrew McCutchen cards rolling in.  I made a huge purchase on Black Friday and when all is said and done, I will have tripled my goal to add 100 new Cutch cards to the PC.

My 245th and 246th new McCutchen cards added to the PC this year are a pair of high end hits from yesteryears that I previously didn't have.

Up first is a card that I have wanted for a long time, but never pulled the trigger because it would often go for over $100.  I was lucky to snag mine for well under that and add a nice home jersey swatch from Hall of Famer Willie Stargell, a batting practice jersey swatch from 5 time All-Star Andrew McCutchen, and a dual bat relic from Hall of Famer Roberto Clemente.

 This card is amazing in person.

Next up is another on card autograph of Cutch from 2012 Tribute.  This was the year that Topps had slabbed all their cards.  The seller had taken it out of the case and submitted it to BGS, but it came back with sub grades, which worked out for me as I added my near century mark of Cutch autos to the PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment