Sunday, January 10, 2016

Gem Mint 10 Honus Wagner

I've been looking for some oddball vintage cards recently and while browsing, I came across this 1953 Brown & Bigelow Joker playing card of the greatest shortstop of all time, Honus Wagner. 

The art on the  card is what drew me to it.  It's such a beautiful image of an older Honus signing a baseball for a young fan.

I probably overpaid for it because it was a Probstein auction, but considering that I have never seen this image of Honus before, I couldn't pass it up. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a beauty right there - the image truly is unique and really captures the spirit of the game too. Plus, playing cards that double as baseball cards are always cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main thing that drew me to the card was the image and spirit of the game. $25 was a bit more than I wanted, but for something so old I couldn't let it go.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Great looking card... and the fact that it's in gem mint condition after 60 years is a cool bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $25 for a gem mint of Honus Wagner? Sure, why not...

      Delete