Monday, February 15, 2016

Set Collecting 1996 Leaf

I think I will try to put together the Pirates team set for 1996 Leaf Signatures.

The beauty of trying to put together this team set is that it should be fairly cheap as there were no big name stars for the Pirates during that time period except Jason Kendall who is actually fairly cheap anyway.

I've previously shown off the Charlie Hayes

Today's addition is Mike Kingery.  Kingery finished his career in a Pirates uniform at the age of 35, playing only one season for the black and gold.  Of the 694 games he appeared in over his 10 year career, he only started 474 of them.  Towards the end of his career he was almost exclusively used in a pinch hitting role. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of building this team set. I might need to build the A's and Padres team sets. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete