Thursday, August 29, 2013

Another Charlie Morton 1/1?????

Topps keeps coming up with more and more gimmicks to sell to us collectors.  Each year a new parallel hits the market.  Gold numbered to the years, well that's a classic and easy to obtain.  Black parallels, diamonds, cognacs, anniversary, camo, blue, red, sparkle, emeral, and yes even pink.  Well...over the past few years Topps started to produce wood parallels of most of their products numbered to 5 or less copies.  Flagship Topps is numbered 1/1 and Gypsy Queen minis are around 5 copies per card.
2012 Topps Wood Parallel Charlie Morton 1/1

Last year, I managed to grab the 2012 Topps Wood Parallel of one of my main players I collect, Charlie Morton.  This wasn't had cheaply though.  I had to pay $20 for this off center parallel.  BUT, it's just my 2nd Charlie Morton 1/1 so I couldn't pass up adding it to my collection.

I purposely didn't trim down the scan so that you can all see how poorly cut this card is.  It reminds me of my 1989 Topps collection.  Off center on so many levels.

The back is also off center and features the basic card back.

No comments:

Post a Comment