Saturday, August 10, 2013

2013 Bowman Inception Barret Barnes

Last month I showed off 3/4 of my 2013 Bowman Inception collection.  I showed the Alen Hanson, Gregory Polanco, and the sweet dual auto of the two top prospects.  In addition to those three cards I also grabbed a Barrett Barnes auto from Inception.
2013 Bowman Inception Barrett Barnes
This is my second on card auto of the young outfielder.  Earlier in the year I showed my 2012 Bowman Sterling auto I grabbed for less than $3.

Barnes is having a decent season as a 21 year old in A ball.  He's currently on the 7 day DL and hasn't played since July 23rd.  However in 46 games, he was batting .268/.338/.399 as a speedy centerfielder (10SB) with a little bit of pop (5HR and 24 RBI).  Barnes profiles with a ceiling of 20/20 potential and above average glove in centerfield.  The Pirates have a lot of depth in the outfield and I suspect that Barnes may eventually be included in a trade for a veteran player.  He was the Pirates compensation pick for losing Ryan Doumit to free agency in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment