Wednesday, August 28, 2013

IP Auto: Andy LaRoche

Yesterday a couple of my friends and I went to see the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (AAA Phillies) take on the Buffalo Bisons (AAA Blue Jays).  I got to the stadium about an hour early to try and grab some autos.  It was largely a failure though.  Two players from the Iron Pigs (Adam Morgan and Tyson Gillies) were signing outside the Majestic store prior to the game, but the line was capped off at 6:15pm (a full hour before gametime).

Many of the Bisons players remained silent when fans approached them for autographs.

Former Royals prospect Clint Robinson signed for a short time for a few fans before starting his normal game day rituals.  Several other players would sign for a few fans then scatter off to do their pre game workouts.  I didn't bring many cards with me mainly because I was using this game as an opportunity to just hang with my friends and watch a game as summer came to a close.

The two players I was hoping to graph strictly for their Pirates ties were Buffalo Bisons 3B Andy Laroche and relief pitcher Brad Lincoln.  Both players were well regarded prospects in the Pirates franchise at one time.  Lincoln came out of the dugout and immediately ran to the bullpen allowing no time to even attempt an autograph.
2009 Heritage Andy LaRoche IP AUTO 

Andy Laroche signed a few cards for everyone though including the card you see above.  He had a terrible game at the plate grounding into two inning ending double plays and also striking out with a runner in scoring position.  Nevertheless I am grateful that Andy was willing to sign for the fans and am happy to add this IP Auto to my collection.

1 comment:

  1. I have that Andy LaRoche/Adam LaRoche relic card you posted about a while back. The one where Andy is pictured with Adam's name.

    ReplyDelete