Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DUAL PATCH AND AN AUTO FOR $9.99?

It's no secret.  Jason Bay was one of my favorite players on the Pirates.  I have quite a ridiculous collection of that gent.  Last month, someone with a larger nicer Jason Bay collection than mine was selling off a large amount of Jason Bay cards on ebay and I jumped at picking up some of the nicer ones.  In doing so I was able to complete my Jason Bay Partner Project I've been working on for well over a year in addition to grabbing some nice patch and autographs.

This might be the best value card I grabbed.  For $9.99!!!!!
2005 Donruss Portraits Prime Patches Dual Patch/AUTO 15/25
It's a 2005 Donruss Prime Patches Dual Patch and Auto numbered 15/25.  Prime Patches offered up some really nice cards during it's release.  I've gotten several Jason Bay including a bat and jumbo jersey swatch and recently grabbed a Dave Parker PATCH AND AUTO numbered 52/72.

You can click on the link below to see some of the other Jason Bay cards I won from the same seller.
Triple Autograph: Jason Bay, Adam Laroche, Tom Gorzelanny
6 player booklet: Russell Martin, Jason Bay, Shawn Hill, Justin Morneau, Rich Harden, Erik Bedard
2008 UD Premier LOGO Patch 23/50 SICK!!!!!!
2008 UD Premiere 3 player patch: Xavier Nady, Jason Bay, Freddy Sanchez 11/15

Yesterday marked the 10 year anniversary of the Pirates trading their slugging right fielder Brian Giles to San Diego for Jason Bay and Oliver Perez.  I explained how the Pirates were moneyballing for years before the A's were and you can read my article (and see some sweet cards while you're at it) by clicking this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment