Saturday, August 9, 2014

Dammit it's a Doumit 2.0

I have been slacking on my goal to add 36 new Ryan Doumit cards by the end of the year.  That has mostly been due to me not wanting to add Braves or Twins cards to my collection.  Instead I've been searching for Ryan Doumit parallels from his Pirates days that I don't have.  I came across a low hand numbered 50 mini of one of my favorite Doumit cards from 2009 Allen & Ginter.  2009 was the year I started to really get back into card collecting.

This mini had been eluding me for a long time due to the scarcity (/50) and how old the card is.  I was fortunate to add it to my collection for a mere $5 delivered.

Ryan has had a very tough time at the plate this year and just can't seem to get in a good rhythm offensively.  For the season he .202 with only a .298 slugging percentage which includes only 3 Homeruns.  Through Ryan's time with the Pirates, it was not uncommon to see him with a .450 slugging percentage and double digit HR totals every year.

I doubt I will be able to add 36 new Doumits to the PC by the end of the year, but am very happy to add this one to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment