Friday, December 26, 2014

Triple Threads 2 Box Reverse Challenge featuring a Zoo

I've been putting together 2 reverse boxes of Topps Triple Threads for the price of 1 over the past several months and just got my second triple relic in.  It features 3 thirdbasemen that have all recently been all-stars.

Among them is possible future Hall of Famer Adrian Beltre, current Pirates slugger Pedro Alvarez, and recent Boston acquired 3B Pablo Sandoval.  If only Beltre had a cool Animal Nickname like El Toro or The Panda this card would be really awesome especially if it spelled out "The Zoo" instead of Hot Corner.

This recent addition cost me $8 delivered and brings my reverse 2 for 1 box challenge to $91 and need only a handful of base/parallel cards, 1 Auto/Jumbo Relic, and 1 Triple Relic/Auto.  I recently grabbed a triple relic/auto for a fair price so I think that I will be able to successfully build 2 boxes for the price of 1 easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment