Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I dream of Jamo

I've been waiting since June 7th, 2010 for Jameson Taillon to make his MLB debut.  I was ecstatic that the Pirates front office had the guts to try and sign a front of the rotation starter who was only in high school.  For sooooooo many years, Pirates fans had to deal with the Pirates front office drafting safe college pitcher picks like Daniel Moskos, Brad Lincolns, Bryan Bullingtons, and John Van Benschoten.  The last time the Pirates had drafted a high school pitcher in the first round was Sean Burnett in 2000.

Jameson Taillon is not only one of the top prospects in the Pirates farm system, but he is one of the top pitcher prospects in all of baseball.  I've said it many times.  I think Taillon will be just as good as Cole.  Which is frightening for the NL Central hitters opposing these two fireballing prospects.

So far Jameson has only made one spring training appearance, but in those two innings of work he allowed only an "excuse me" single while facing the minimum batters.  Jameson is the real deal.  Don't be fooled!

I dream of the day Jamo makes his debut.  Let's Go Bucs!!!!

The above card was part of a massive lot of Pirates cards I recently purchased on ebay.  It averaged out to 15 cents a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment