Saturday, April 26, 2014

Another Nick Kingham AUTO

Back in January, I showed off the $5 Nick Kingham auto I purchased at a local mall card show.  For $5.95 shipped, I added the refractor version numbered /150 to my collection.
Nick Kingham Bowman Sterling Refractor 87/150

My scanner is acting up right now, but trust me the card looks really nice in person especially for the low price I paid.

It will go nicely with the green refractor I won in a giant lot earlier in the month.

It's very likely that Nick will finish the 2014 in AAA as he continues to impress at the AA level.  In 96 AA innings between the end of last year and start of this year, Nick has amassed 88 strikeouts (8.3K/9), 1.34WHIP, and a 2.45 ERA.  He's still relatively young for the league at age 22 (average age is 24.5) so they will likely keep him there to lower the number of free passes he's allowing (3.8BB/9)

No comments:

Post a Comment