Monday, June 9, 2014

McCutchen Monday: Dual Auto with George Springer 2012 Bowman Top Picks

It's one of my 2014 Collecting Goals to get to 75 certified autographs of Andrew McCutchen.  I purchased this dual auto of Cutch and one of baseball's top prospects, George Springer, awhile ago.  It marks the 72nd certified auto in my collection to be showcased on the PTR.
2012 Bowman Top Prospects Dual AUTO George Springer and Andrew McCutchen 23/25

Both Springer and McCutchen were selected as 11th overall picks in the amateur draft and both play one of the key defensive positions on the diamond, centerfield.  Springer showed last year a tremendous amount of power and speed as he was able to hit 37 homeruns and 45 stolen bases while batting .303.  He has struggled since making his MLB debut on April 16th this year, but has started to hit more consistently over the past couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Springer's bat has come alive in a big way, but man his defense is atrocious. I think he already has the most errors in right field.

    That card is awesome by the way. I lost track how many times I tried to buy it over the last couple of years. Thought I had for sure last time I attempted with a best offer price but the seller kept nickel and diming me to death. I ended up getting pissed and haven't seen another hit eBay in a long time.

    ReplyDelete