Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Black is the new Black: It's happening...it's really happening Gregory Polanco Black AUTO

Gregory Polanco will be making his much anticipated MLB debut tonight.  After posting video game like numbers in AAA for the early part of the season, the Pirates will be calling on the left handed right fielder to jumpstart their lineup as they try to push for another post season run.

One of my 2014 collecting goals was to get autographed gold parallels from Bowman of the Pirates top prospects each year.  After a few days of thinking about it, I quickly changed my thoughts and goals to the Bowman black autographs with silver ink.  These just look so much nicer to me and I already have shown off the Bowman Blacks for Tyler GlasnowJameson TaillonGerrit Cole, and Starling Marte.  I am hoping to be adding Reese McGuire, Austin Meadows, and Alen Hanson by the year.
2013 Bowman Black 5/25

The above Bowman Black ran me $125 which is significantly cheaper than what some of them were going for at the start of the season ($300 plus range)

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what he can do. Maybe he can teach Pedro how to hit a lefty.

    We need to get a starting pitcher. Doesn't have to be someone flashy. We just need a guy that can go 6 innings consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...preferably a left-handed starter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup... unless we start Wilson, Locke is our only lefty starter next year. Look at our forthcoming starters: Taillon, Glasnow, Kingman, Heredia, Holms, Pimentel... all righies. Joely Rodriguez is the closest thing we have in the minors and hes at least a year away from the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and by 'Holms' I meant 'Holmes'... bloody hard to type on a Droid!

      Delete
    2. Our whole division only has 1 LHP per team so if Locke is all we got, then I'm OK with it. Wilson needs to stay in the pen. Hes such a late inning weapon when you desperately need a K.

      Delete
    3. Niether St. Louis nor Cincinnati are hitting lefties well this year... I'd like depth there to exploit this in case Liriano doesn't regain his control or if, God forbid, something would happen to Locke.

      Delete