Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Second Ever Superfractor

I finally added another Superfractor to my collection and it's of one of the Pirates top pitching prospects.

Nick Kingham!!!!

I got a chance to watch Nick Kingham pitch in Trenton last weekend and he was fantastic.  His fastball reached 97mph and his line really doesn't do it justice.  7 innings pitched, 3 earned runs, 6K/0BB, 6 hits.  I really like the idea of a nearly homegrown rotation in 2016 and beyond.

I don't think that Nick is a true ace like pitcher, but I can see him being a great innings eater with good strikeout rates and being very under rated in the league.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome, congrats! I was just talking about him with on of my buddies the other day. I predicted he would be a guy that we trade for some starting pitching help. We are playing so poorly right now, I'm not sure if we'll be even making deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told after such a quiet off season which we could have added pieces, I'd rather they not make moves at the trade deadline. Obviously knowing Neal Huntington, something will be made though. I hope we don't lose Kingham. I like him A LOT.

      Delete