Thursday, June 19, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Tony Pena AUTO

A lot of social media places do throwback Thursdays.  My blog is going to head in that same direction.  Each Thursday I will show off a former Pirate.  Today's special guest is Tony Pena.  Below is the first autograph I own of the former Bucco and it cost me only $3 delivered.  The unlicensed 2014 Prizm sticker auto is one of four Pirates to have autographs in the 2014 Prizm set.  I've already shown off my Starling Marte auto from 2014 Prizm
2014 Prizm AUTO Tony Pena

Pena was a four time All-Star with the Pirates before being traded to the St. Louis Cardinals on April 1, 1987 for 5 time Gold Glover, 3xAll-Star, and 2 time Silver Slugger Andy Van Slyke as well as 1987 Gold Glove winner Mike LaValliere.  Pena was quite frankly before my time.  He did help mold me into the Pirates fan I became thanks in large part to Andy Van Slyke becoming a Pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment