Monday, March 12, 2012

Can I buy a vowel?

One of my collecting goals of 2012 was to complete Daniel McCutchen autographed nameplate from 2010 Topps Finest.  I had McCUTC heading into February and only needed H, E, N.  After winning 2 bids from the same seller for $10 shipped, I am now down to only the "E" to complete the nameplate of DCutch.  I'm going to be patient trying to win that final letter and would really love to get it for under $5.  I doubt that will happen though.


On a related note, I have to say that despite all the negative things people in NJ say about AJ Burnett's time with the Yankees, he just won me over before the season even started.  I just read an article that he is going to help pay for Daniel McCutchen's daughter's college tuition since DCutch gave up his jersey number (34) upon AJ's request.  That is a very noble thing to do.  I can't wait to see some of those infamous pie tossings too after some Bucs walkoffs.  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck finding the E! If I come across one I'll give you a heads-up.

    ReplyDelete