Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trade Post with Things Are Funner Here

Julie from Things Are Funner Here runs a great blog highlighting Phillies cards, her Roy Halladay collection, and pack breaks.  It's a fun blog.  Go check it out!
Recently, Julie sent me a nice selection of Pirates past and present.  Above are some of my favorites.  The Zach Dodson xfractor is much better than the scan picked up.  I don't have any of the international parallels of the Bowman set and I'm happy to make one of the Pirates top pitching prospects Kyle McPherson my first.  Unfortunately Kyle has been having "dead arm" since spring training.  I'm not sure what that means, but I hope it's nothing too serious.




I always enjoy getting some new Cutch cards to add to my collection.  I normally don't chase Wal-Mart or Target exclusives, but when it's Cutch I can't help but excited to open up that binder and slide the new Cutch in next to all the other parallels.
 This is the back to a Josh Rodriguez 2011 Topps Target throwback card.  Josh was a rule 5 pick for the Pirates in 2011 and had 1 RBI while with the team.  He was hit by a pitch with bases loaded.
I also got 2 of my favorite Steelers.  Since Julie is a Ravens fan, I'm sure she was more than happy to get rid of these.

Here's the hits of the package that Julie sent me.
Kevin Correia 2011 Topps All-Star Game Jersey (red)
Correia was signed as a free agent prior to the 2011 season.  He earned his first All-Star game trip due to being one of the NL's leaders in wins.  After the All-Star break, Correia would go on to win only 1 more game and was shut down in August with an injury.
John Van Benschoten Topps 52 AUTO
JVB was one of colleges top hitters prior to the 2001 draft.  He lead the NCAA division 1-A in HR, but was converted to a pitcher by the Pirates.  He currently has one of the highest career ERA in MLB history.
 Nate McLouth red ink AUTO
I'm so happy to see Nate back with the Bucs.  The Clear Path to Greatness Red Ink autos were supposed to be short prints.  Nate doesn't play by those rules though as he used the red marker to sign all his autographs for the set. 

AS A REMINDER...
TONIGHT THE PIRATES WILL TAKE ON THE DODGERS IN HOPES OF BECOMING .500 AGAIN.  TOMORROW STARTS THEIR SERIES AGAINST THE SAN FRANSISCO GIANTS.  DON'T FORGET TO TRY TO WIN THOSE FREE CARDS FOR THE LET'S GO BUCS CONTEST.

2 comments: