Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another collecting goal for 2012

The Pirates logo worn on their sleeves is badass!  Need proof?  Look at this guy!

I would like to get a card of some of my favorite Pirates players of the past decade with a patch featuring the Pirates logo.

So who are some of my favorite players of the past decarde that might actually have a card with the logo on it?
  • Jason Bay
  • Ryan Doumit
  • Brian Giles
  • Jason Kendall
  • Andrew McCutchen
  • Freddy Sanchez
  • Jose Tabata
  • Neil Walker
  • Jack Wilson
  • Oliver Perez (but only for a season and a half, hahahaha!)
Finding Giles, Kendall, and Doumit will most likely be the toughest ones to find.

I recently picked up a Freddy Sanchez to jumpstart my collection which you can see below.
Check out the nice patch of the Pirates logoman's earing.  LOVE IT!
The card was picked up for about $20 if I remember correctly.  The card is numbered 2/50


I already had 2 cards featuring the logoman of Cutch which I will show below as well.
 This one features the bottom part of the Pirates logoman bandana and bat.
In the part of this card that says "1st 2" it features the bats of the left of the logoman.

I'd still love to add another logoman of my favorite player Cutch

Last year I picked up a Marquee Jose Tabata auto/dual jersey card with the beard of the logoman in the first swatch. That's just a nice looking card with the beard and biting lip of the logoman.  Having a Tabata signature on it makes it even better.



LET'S GO BUCS!!!!
BEAT THE BREWERS AND TAKE THE SERIES!

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome logo and a great chase item for your collection. Good luck finding more!

    ReplyDelete