Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Speed kills

Alex Presley already has a stand up inside the park homerun this year.

He's beaten out a countless number of infield singles including one that was a walkoff winner.

Last night he caused some havoc on the base paths when he pinched hit in the 9th inning and got a seeing eye single then stole second and third on passed balls by the Nationals catcher.  Because he was able to advance so easily, I believe it got in Nationals closer head that he needed to stay away from the breaking balls and throw hard fastballs.  That lead to a blistering walkoff homerun by Rod Barajas in the bottom of the 9th inning with 2 outs and Presley on 3rd.  

Many hitters these days look at the ball on instinct rather than immediately hustling out of the box.  Alex hustles all the time. ALL THE TIME! The guy can flat out fly around the bases and in the outfield. 


Here's my 2011 Playoff Season Ticket AUTO of Alex Presley I purchased on ebay.  I've only seen a handful of these show up and the card is not numbered, but I'm guessing it had a low print run.  I picked it up for $11 shipped. 


I love watching this guy fly around the bases.  Here's a tribute of Alex from last year showing off some of his highlights from his rookie season.

The Pirates will face off against the Nationals again today in game 2 of the 3 game series.

No comments:

Post a Comment