Friday, July 5, 2013

Cobras in the mailbox

I added a few more Dave "The Cobra" Parker cards to my collection recently through the world wide web.  First up...
2005 Donruss Prime Patches AUTO PATCH 52/72
A stunning auto and patch card from 2005 Donruss Prime Patches.  This lil piece of cardboard has everything I want in a Cobra hit.
photo of Parker in striped Pirates hat? check
AUTO? check
Yellow Fabric? check
Nameplate letter? check
Under the price of a blaster? check
I managed to grab this for only $19.99.

Next.........................................

2012 National Treasures Signature Materials 
While not as nice as the 2005 Prime Patches, this card is a nice grab for the $13 price tag I paid for it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dave Parker deserves more consideration for the Hall of Fame.  If not for the cocaine charges against him in the 80s, his on field and off field contributions to the Steel City were beaten by only one other team mate (Stargell).  He was considered one of the top outfielders in the 70s and early 80s and posted 2,712 career hits despite 7 seasons which he played in less than 125 games.  He was in the MVP top 10 for voting 7 times through out his career and won it in 1978 while also winning a batting title, 3 gold gloves, 3 silver sluggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment