Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2011 Topps Charlie Morton 1/1 Printing Plate

There's several players that I currently try to get as many cards of (Jason Bay, Andy Van Slyke, Andrew McCutchen), but there is only one player that I truly consider myself a supercollector of and that's Charlie Morton.

Morton was born in my hometown Flemington, New Jersey and moved to Connecticut early in his youth. He was selected in the 3rd round of the 2002 draft out of high school by the Atlanta Braves.  He ascended through the minor leagues at an average of a level per year before making his MLB debut in 2008 against the Angels.  The following year, he was traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates with Jeff Locke and Gorkys Hernandez for Nate McLouth.

Once I learned of Charlie's addition to the Bucs, he instantly became my favorite pitcher to root for in the Steel City.

Since then, I've been on a mission to track down as many cards of his that I can get my hands on.
2011 Topps Update Series Cyan Printing Plate 1/1

Most recently I grabbed the above 2011 Topps Update Series Cyan Printing Plate on ebay for $15.  This marks my 3rd 1/1 of Charlie.

You can see my 1/1 2012 Topps Mini Black Printing Plate and 2012 Topps Wooden Parallel 1/1 by clicking on the respective links.

Charlie was pitching a pretty good game yesterday until he made a bad pitch that Matt Holiday lifted for a two run homer.

No comments:

Post a Comment