Thursday, November 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday: 800th Post Mazeroski Sketch & AUTO!!!!

For my 800th post, I wanted it to be something impressive!!!!
Something that made people say "Woah that's cool"

A 1 of 1 sketch card and autograph of Hall of Famer Bill Mazeroski, ought to do the trick.  I have been keeping my eyes on these Leaf Masterworks sketch cards for a long time.

As some of you may know, I used to collect comic books and spent a lot of weekends attending the comic book convention circuit in the summers.  While attending the events I would often spend a lot of time and money chatting up the artists to get sketches of my favorite characters.

When I got back into the sports card collector market, I still had a fixation on sketch cards as you can tell by all the Chris Henderson sketches I've gotten in the past year.

This great image of a happy Maz (even though logoless) complete with a sticker auto of the Hall of Fame secondbaseman and 8 time gold glove winner was just too beautiful of a card to not add to my permanent collection in the Treasure Room.

Thank you to everyone that reads my blog over the past 800 posts.  It's been fun interacting with you all.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen those pop up a few times, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Glad this one is in good hands. Congrats on post 800. Heres to 800 more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 800! And sweet sketch dude!

    ReplyDelete