Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Prospect Prizes: Gregory Polanco Onyx Platinum AUTO

Once in awhile, I will show off a really nice card from one of the Pittsburgh Pirates prospects.  I will call this feature of my blog Prospect Prizes.  

Today's prize is a 2013 Onyx Platinum (ON CARD) AUTO of Gregory Polanco inscribed with his jersey number.  

I grabbed this card off ebay for just shy of $20 and if Polanco keeps producing like he's capable of, it will be a steal.

Last year, Gregory Polanco had a ridiculously good season at West Virginia putting himself and team mate Alen Hanson on people's radar as some of the game's top prospects.  Polanco started the 2013 season in Bradenton, but didn't stay there long as he was quickly promoted to AA Altoona where he's continuing to hit the crap out of the ball.  His 2013 line for the year is .309/.370/.464 with an OPS of .833, 8 HR, and 28SB.  Did I mention he has a 1.000 fielding percentage AT CENTER FIELD in AA?

In 2009, the Pirates brought up Andrew McCutchen.  In 2012, Cutch 2.0 aka Starling Marte arrived on the scene.  I wouldn't be at all shocked in Cutch 3.0 Gregory Polanco arrives next year.  
2013 Onyx Platinum Prospects 57/300

The ebay seller was kind to include another Pirates Prospect card from the 2013 Onyx set for me free of charge.  I don't know much about Wei-Chung Wang, but he's a 21 year old right hander from Taiwan that is pitching for the Gulf Coast Pirates.  He's only thrown 12 innings professionaly, but has 16 strikeouts in those 12 innings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment