Monday, September 2, 2013

McCutchen Monday: 2007 USA Baseball AUTO

My current favorite player in baseball today is Andrew McCutchen.  Quite honestly, he might be my favorite player I've ever gotten a chance to see play. I currently own almost 300 unique cards of Cutch and hope to get that number closer to 400 by the end of the year.  Amongst my cardboard collection of Cutch are many autographs, over a dozen 1/1s, and almost enough jersey material to put his jersey back together.  Back in 2011, I created Morton Mondays, but with the lack of Charlie Morton cards available, I changed it to McCutchen Mondays so each Monday I will show off one new card from my Cutch collection.

To see all my Andrew McCutchen relics, autos, printing plates, manupatches, etc ... check out this link.

A lot of 1st round talents play for Team USA during their amateur years.  In recent years, the Pirates have had several 1st rounders play for the 18 and under team including Austin Meadows, Reese McGuire, Jameson Taillon and Gerrit Cole.  

I recently did a post of some of those players autogrpahs on Team USA cards.  

When Panini released the 2013 USA card set, several star players were highlighted with autographs in the set.  I tried on 4 different cards to acquire the 2013 TEAM USA auto of Cutch numbered /25 but lost every auction.  However, not to be discouraged I kept my eye (and ebay saved searches) for Cutch USA autographs open.

2007 USA Baseball Alumni Autographs 44/475 AUTO
I've seen this card in the past, but it often sells for much more than I would like to pay for a Cutch auto.  Even though the centering of the auto is way off and the "A" in Andrew is mostly missing, I'm happy I was able to add this for less than $40.  It brings me to 67 certified autos of Cutch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment