Monday, September 16, 2013

McCutchen Monday: 2013 Toppy Turkey Red

My current favorite player in baseball today is Andrew McCutchen.  Quite honestly, he might be my favorite player I've ever gotten a chance to see play. I currently own almost 300 unique cards of Cutch and hope to get that number closer to 400 by the end of the year.  Amongst my cardboard collection of Cutch are many autographs, over a dozen 1/1s, and almost enough jersey material to put his jersey back together.  Back in 2011, I created Morton Mondays, but with the lack of Charlie Morton cards available, I changed it to McCutchen Mondays so each Monday I will show off one new card from my Cutch collection.

To see all my Andrew McCutchen relics, autos, printing plates, manupatches, etc ... check out this link.


I've been trying to add more unique cards of Cutch to my collection over the past couple months rather than just going after relics and autos.  2013 Turkey Red came out what feels like forever ago and because of that I was able to grab this elusive card for $1.50 from Sportlots.  It wasn't uncommon when the set first came out for this card to be in the $8 range.  Um...no thanks.  Patience paid off as I was able to add this to my ongoing collection of Cutch cards.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS....DO YOU THINK THAT CUTCH IS THE FRONTRUNNER FOR 2013 NL MVP?  He truly is a 5 tool talent that plays a premium position with gold glove defense on a team that hadn't had a winning record for 20 years.  He's leading all NL position players in WAR, so I think he has a legit shot at it.  Then again, one would have thought Matt Kemp was MVP in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment