Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mail days make me feel better

Today I received another package in the mail that I had won on eBay.  I had my eye on this item for a long time, but could never be tempted strong enough to hit the Buy-it-Now button.  I decided to make an offer on it when the opportunity presented itself.  The original B-I-N was $39.99 and my offer was $24.  I am so happy to add this card to my collection for a fraction of it's original price.

This is the Cyan printing plate (1/1) to 2011 Bowman Top 100 Prospects #TP3 Tony Sanchez.
Tony Sanchez was selected with the number 4 overall pick in the 2009 MLB 1st Year Player Draft.  He possesses incredible defensive skills and could project as a future gold glove player.  A lot of scouts were skeptical about his offense capability, but he silenced the naysayers in 2009 by batting .309 in 48 games and in 2010 batted .314 in 59 games before having his season ended early by a fractured jaw.  Tony has struggled offensively in AA in 2011, but remains a strong part of Pittsburgh's future.

Earlier in the summer I got a chance to meet Tony when the Altoona Curve were playing against Yankees AA team (Trenton Thunder).  He stood there and signed autographs for many fans and would even pose for pictures when asked. 
In person auto of Tony Sanchez on a 2010 Bowman Topps 100 Prospects

1 comment: