Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stargell Printing Plate 1/1 and 1/1 Bat


I just received my first Willie Stargell printing plate in the mail yesterday.  As I've said before I really like the quirkiness of a printing plate.  They're very unique, as proven by their 1 of 1 nature. I always prefer getting the black or yellow printing plates of the Pirates just because I think they look cool being in the team's colors.  This is now my 6th Pirate Printing Plate.  I will share another one with you tomorrow.


Earlier in the year, the Bradenton Marauders were auctioning off a bat signed by the entire team for charity.  Some of the notable signatures include FSL All-Stars Aaron Baker (recently traded to Baltimore for Derrek Lee), Kyle McPherson (promoted to AA), Jarek Cunningham, and Robbie Grossman.  This is a 1/1 collectible and I could not be more happy to be the winning bidder and help a good cause at the same time.  

On another note, I received the autographed Robbie Grossman card I bought off eBay last week that I had highlighted in a previous post.  The card is sweet looking, but Robbie's got to make that signature better.  LOL!

There's a really interesting article about Robbie's progress this year here.  I expect big things out of Robbie and suspect that he will emerge as a top prospect in the coming years.


3 comments:

  1. That bat is fantastic. And I too enjoy the printing plates. The way I figure it, the more people that don't like them, the fewer people I have to compete against in my effort to collect them.

    ReplyDelete